Wills Bros Ltd., Foxford, Co. Mayo a diverse civil engineering contracting company at the forefront of infrastructural development have an opportunity for Tender Estimator/Quantity Surveyor. This is a full time permanent position based at our Head Office in Foxford, but may require some degree of travel on occasion.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working in full compliance with the WBL integrated management procedure for tendering.
- Document management; recording, inspection, distribution.
- Assessing the accuracy/completeness of tender documentation.
- Accurate & detailed quantity assessments.
- Liaising with and compiling tender enquiries for the supply chain.- Comparative assessment of quotations from the supply chain.
- Preparing the tender estimate for review by senior management.
- Risk and opportunity identification, analysis & costing.
- Timely preparation of tender submissions
- Presenting and preparation for internal tender handover meetings.
- Attending meetings with designers and clients alike.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Minimum of 3 years estimating experience in civil engineering industry.
- 3rd level qualification to degree level in quantity surveying (or equivalent).
- Strong IT skills; Autocad, Microsoft office (in particular excel), ideally some Revit / MS Project experience.
- BIM experience not essential but preferable.
- Good contractual knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve tender deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or part of a large team.
Closing date for applications Jan 7th 2019.