The Elliott Group is a hands-on, third generation construction company, dedicated to improving the built environment.
We achieve this through our experienced, dedicated, tried and trusted team; using innovative technologies; adopting strong and supportive bonds; ensuring the sustainability of our business for our people, our partners and our clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all works on site are carried out in accordance with the specification or in accordance with some other acceptable standard if no specification exists or is otherwise directed by his superiors
- Setting out or assisting in the setting out of the structure. The detailed pre-pour checking of all works and the post pour checking of quality
- Ensuring that the quality of all works carried out on site is acceptable and in accordance with the specification, and for the immediate reporting of sub-standard works to his / her line manager
- Ensuring that all resources required for the timely and proper carrying out of the works are available to him in good time
- Generating the two weekly programs for his works in consultation with his / her line manager and the micro management of the works in his / her areas
- Ensuring that they are okay with all aspects of the works and ensure that all trades in his / her areas are conducting their operations in line with the contract programme as laid out by his / her line manager
- Ensuring take off and that the correct materials are ordered in a timely manner
- Ensuring that site works are recorded correctly, this will include, but is not limited to personnel files, delays, works being carried out etc.
- Ensuring that the company’s health & safety management system is adhered to at all times
- Ensuring the quality forms are completed and filed daily
- Obtaining information in a timely fashion in order to carry out the works in accordance with the programme
- The Engineer shall be responsible for obtaining the information necessary from design teams and subcontractors in order to carry out the works in accordance with the programme and quality standards
- Be familiar with all Safe Operating Procedures
- Such other duties as may be assigned to you by the Company from time to time
- This Job Specification is not exhaustive and is also subject to change
- Comply with Elliott’s ISO QEHS Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your department process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing department forms/records as required
- Understand and apply our QEHS policies in all aspects of your work
- Contribute towards achieving Elliott company objectives and our department KPI’s
- Ensure that the needs and requirements of Elliott’s internal departments and customers are understood and delivered
- Help develop and improve our internal processes and management system by reporting corrective actions, updates and improvement ideas
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
You should hold an Engineering Degree.
You should have at least 3-4 years relevant experience on medium to large building projects.
You must have a proactive/hands on approach to this fast paced role with requirements changing regularly and a good rapport with people is essential in this sometimes pressurised role.
This could be a great opportunity for someone who wishes to pursue their career within the growing construction industry and be willing to learn from senior personnel on site.
COVID 19 Compliance
Elliott Group is an equal opportunities employer.