Established over 70 years Walls is a privately owned company and is one of Ireland’s leading building contractors. We have a proven track record in a diverse range of sectors including commercial, healthcare, education, industrial, retail, conservation and tourism/leisure. Our history and reputation has been built by undertaking projects that deliver the best outcomes for our stakeholders; clients, design teams, contracting partners, suppliers and employees. We understand that with every construction project the key to success is forming strong relationships, providing flexible and value based solutions and ensuring that our promises are kept.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for assisting the construction management team in the on-site control of the building elements of projects, the Site Engineer’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Setting out, levelling and quality control, including concrete quality through cube sampling, slump testing, etc.
- Checks shuttering, steel and other dimensions prior to concrete pours and maintains materials reconciliation files.
- Record keeping of all site activities, maintaining a site diary, uploading material to the DMS, etc.
- Supervision of other directly employed and subcontractor personnel engaged in various elements of the construction project.
- Adheres strictly to the Company’s health and safety, environmental, quality and other on-site policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
Candidates should have appropriate engineering qualifications and a minimum of two to three years work experience gained with a building contractor. Excellent IT skills, together with a sound working knowledge of surveying instruments and equipment, is expected, while self starters and problem solvers with the ability to work well in teams can expect to enjoy career advancement opportunities within a relatively short timeframe.
An attractive rewards package, including car allowance, pension scheme, professional subscriptions and other benefits, including opportunities for additional responsibility and career development, will be available to the successful candidates.