Tritech Engineering is one of Ireland’s leading Mechanical, Electrical & Maintenance Contracting Companies. Since our formation in 1999, Tritech Engineering has established itself as a leading multi-disciplined projects company who have gained significant experience across a wide range of business sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centres, Healthcare, and large Commercial Projects. More than 23 years in business we are continuously striving to grow and strengthen our team to the ultimate best in class.
Role and Responsibilities
Purpose of Role:
The candidate is responsible for managing all costs related to Mechanical & Electrical construction projects, from initial estimates to final accounts. They will work closely with the project team to ensure that the projects are completed within budget and that all financial aspects of the projects are in order. The QS is also responsible for providing financial advice and support to the project team and clients. This role will be primarily office based and occasional travel to construction site and client meetings. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious quantity surveyor to have their input developing an expanding department in a fast-growing business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals
- Managing quantity surveying team members with their roles and responsibilities
- Managing commercial aspects of projects (evaluating progress for claims, track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget forecasts, accordingly, agreeing final accounts, managing subcontractor accounts etc.)
- Manage contractual aspects of project; review and manage contracts, collateral warranties, bonds, etc.
- Working with estimation department and project teams to set budgets for secured projects
- Liaising with Contract Managers to forecast and track both revenue and expenditure on projects
- Ensuring QS departmental reports, claims, etc. are issued both internally and externally to the required deadlines
- Ensuring monthly standardised, structured project commercial reporting by the surveying team to Senior Management and Directors
- Working as part of the Surveying Team in developing and implementing processes to increase efficiencies within the department
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Qualification in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- 5+years’ experience in a quantity surveying role with a mechanical or electrical contractor
- Strong understanding of mechanical & electrical installations
- Knowledge of M&E construction contracts, regulations, and procedures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with a specific focus on M&E components
- Experience working to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills, Microsoft Office Suite a requisite
- Experience managing and mentoring a team
- Full driver’s licence required
Tritech is an equal opportunity employer.
By applying for a position with Tritech Engineering and forwarding your details included in your Curriculum Vitae, you are consenting to Tritech Engineering processing your data in line with data protection law, namely the Data Protection Act (2018) and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please note that we will process your information for the purposes of our recruitment and selection purposes only. Your information will be stored securely and will only be held for so long as is necessary and in line with our Data Retention Policy. You are entitled to certain rights under data protection law, including the right of access to your personal data. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold for you on our systems. Please note that we will not provide the following types of information in response to a data access request: information about other people; opinions given in confidence; repeat requests; or privileged information. If you have any queries about our Privacy Notice, please contact [email protected].