BAM Ireland ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and have carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. We build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process. We are long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development. BAM Ireland’s key asset is its people, we focus on recruiting and retaining our employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry.
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce accurate, consistent and professional records, reports and general information
- Complete associated external facade works in accordance with the program
- Set out the work requirements and ensure that foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided
- Conduct your work in a safe manner – correct and report those who do not
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality and safety standards.
- Provide Technical support to the Project Team
- Manage with buildability issues related to the external envelope.
- Help Project Manager deliver the project on time and within budget
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor façade sub-contractors’ performance
- Maintain accurate records of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of such work and variation to the project management
- Maintaining a tidy, safe and efficient site at all times
- Reporting to Façade Project Manager
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Relevant Engineering or Construction Management qualification.
- Extensive main contracting background is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Self-motivated and hard worker
- Strong team building skills
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an engineer (façade experience appreciated)
- Technical and practical knowledge of the building industry
- Advance knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and industry specific software
- Excellent written and oral presentation skill
BAM Ireland’s recruitment process is managed by the in-house recruitment team in conjunction with the hiring manager who will ensure you will receive an update on your application within 5 working days. If you are interested in the above position, please apply on our careers page https://bamcareers.com/ie/