My client is one of Ireland’s most well-known civil engineering contractors, well known for their successful delivery of high-profile civils projects across Ireland, the UK, and Europe. After recently being awarded a number of large projects they are now looking for a Senior Estimator or Quantity Surveyor to join their Head Office in Limerick.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
- Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
- Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report. Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
- Prepare and send out tender inquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
- Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities.
- Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
- Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
- Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
- File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
- Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team
- Review production analysis and update.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 5 years of Estimating experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar construction related degree
- Proven experience in civil engineering
- Highways and Design & Build experience is desirable
Please apply below or contact Ian Doyle on +35315079288 to discuss further.