Bennett (Construction) Ltd. is an international family owned construction services company with offices and projects in Dublin and London. The Bennett Group was founded in 1917 in Mullingar, Ireland. Since then the group has grown dramatically in both size and reputation. We first entered the UK and particularly the London market in the mid 1980’s and are now an established market force with an experienced and focused team. We have a broad portfolio of successfully completed projects across a range of sectors including Residential, Restoration / Refurbishment, Hospitality, Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical. We have built our reputation on our client focus and hands-on approach. We are proud of the fact that the majority of our workload comes from repeat business and that we have a strong reputation for our competitive edge and reliable execution of all projects undertaken. This is achieved through our relentless attention to detail and an experienced team with the drive and customer focus to ensure client satisfaction is a given on all Bennett projects. We continue to invest in modern business practices and management techniques in order to ensure that we remain at the cutting edge of our industry. We continue to build on our reputation with our focus firmly on growing the ability of the business to deliver in new and innovative ways. Our ambition and goals for almost a century have always been to deliver quality projects and value for money to our clients; our success and reputation today have been testament to this wisdom.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Engineer will be required to manage all site engineering works, and will be responsible for the progression and completion of the same in conjunction with Engineering and Site Management teams. Ideally, he/she will be skilful in the management of large-scale structures and projects to include piling, steel/ concrete frames, precast elements, formwork frames and curtain walling. The role will involve the management of all engineering procurement to include the ordering of concrete and site bulk materials. In addition, the Senior Engineer will also be responsible for the management of subcontractors whilst monitoring their performance on the job. He/She will also be responsible for supervision, quality and measurement of all concrete pours. Technical competence in the use of all setting out instruments is essential. He/She will ideally come from an Engineering background and will possess at least 5 years main contracting experience at senior level on large scale mixed development projects. The candidate will possess excellent people management and communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively drive the project programme and subcontractor schedules. A proven track record will be essential to this role with proven success on large scale projects.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
- Research and advise on the best engineering solution to meet with a Client’s needs and budget;
- Setting out and checking works as required for the project;
- Managing the sub-contractors and personnel on site in order to drive project through to successful completion on time and within budget, finished to the highest standards. This includes keeping a daily site diary with required information recorded and where all manpower levels for each Sub-Contractor are recorded;
- Overseeing the keeping of the concrete cube register and other relevant quality checks by the Junior Engineer;
- Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and the Construction Team;
- Attending weekly management team meetings for Bennett Construction
- Maintaining, tracking and scheduling the daily and weekly work programmes and reviewing weekly progress reports from the master construction programme
- Assisting with the control of plant and equipment on site
- Organise the delivery of materials, plant and equipment needed for the construction project and supervise labour
- Prepare engineering calculations where required for the design of projects and supervise the drafting
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 5-7 Years proven experience at Senior Level
- Consistent Employment History Displaying Proven Track Record is a must
- Previous Experience on large scale mixed development projects
- Ability to effectively manage site programme and associated schedules to required deadlines
- Excellent Record Keeping skills coupled with the ability to effectively deal with design issues
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access,
- PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Powerproject etc.