KM Lynskey, with a head office based in North Dublin, are currently recruiting for an experienced QS.
Our Services include all aspects of Partition & Ceiling Construction, External Rendering and Fit Out Works and are currently working on a number of sites in Ireland and Europe.
As part of the next planned stage of growth and development, a fantastic new opportunity has come about for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the team, overseeing a number of landmark projects.
With growth planned throughout the next 5 years, this role offers excellent opportunities for progression in both the short and long term.
The successful applicant will be the lead on costs relating to some of the company’s largest and most prestigious prime developments, amongst other projects.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Commercial and Industrial properties
In the role of Quantity Surveyor, you will be working on the following: •Liaising with clients from initial enquiries through to final accounts •Dealing with Sub-Contractors
- Cost Control / Management of Projects.
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports.
- Preparing measures and works packages for procurement and valuation purposes •Negotiating with Sub-Contractors and general suppliers.
- Prepare cost reports and cash flow forecasts.
- Monitor project variations.
- Continual assessment of project costs against budgets.
- Document Management.
- Financial progress reports.
- Final Account preparations.
- Be fully aware of health & safety requirements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare estimates and cost plans for variety of commercial, educational and residential developments using CostX Software.
- Prepare standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial reports.
- Prepare tender documents as required by procurement choice.
- Analyse tenders and prepare tender reports at all stages of procurement.
- Prepare valuations and cost reports; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations.
- Assist in the settlement of construction disputes/loss and expense claims.
- Prepare and agree final accounts.
- Perform other duties as may reasonably be required for an intermediate Quantity Surveyor.
- A 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Ideally at least 2 years’ experience in construction industry, •A demonstrable passion for quantity surveying.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A positive, can do, will-do attitude.
- Measurement and take off skills.
- IT skills, specifically in Excel, Cubit and Outlook.
What’s in it for you:
- Expanding organisation to work within.
- Career progression within a structured team environment.
- Competitive package DOE.
- Great place to work.