The procurement officer will be responsible for the procuring goods and services, and plant and equipment hire (on and off) for the group KM Lynskey Construction Services. Procurement requests may come about from any company or entity within the group.
Role and Responsibilities
Procurement Duties include
Purchasing & Procurement
- Master price list to be maintained and updated (with agreed price increases) for use by Commercial functions within the business.
- Standardise /implement/police site procurement systems & controls.
- Management of Owned plant.
- Implement traffic light system to monitor actual vrs budgeted material/plant values and report accordingly.
- Source and order suitable products as per requirements
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers that meet the technical requirements for each project
- Compile orders for each supplier based on site requirements, communicate expected delivery times to site and contracts managers
- Set up new jobs & PO codes on the ABM system under relevant company, creating master files and communicating to all required
- Tracking all price changes and updates in advance, uploading new prices onto the relevant systems, and getting sign off on all price increases from the Commercial Managers
- Set up Credit Agreements with suppliers in line with Accounts Payment terms
- Put in place rebate terms with large suppliers. Keep schedule of all rebate schemes in place and ensure year end credit notes are issued.
- Storing all emailed purchase orders in the project file so that costs and specific agreements with suppliers can easily be cross referenced when signing invoices for payment.
- Maintenance of BOM “Bill of Materials”
- Ensuring that product information flows accurately from the ‘Bill of Quantities’ database through to all Operations and Purchasing systems.
- Generating PO’s for all purchases, and ensuring a three way matching system is in place ( PO, proof of delivery and invoice)
- To oversee and liaise with Finance on POD and invoices, ensuring that accurate record of all charges per site are maintained at all times and on ABM
- Attending project planning meetings as required with specific focus to be paid on long lead and special order items
- Handling product queries, back orders, returns and repeat business
- Monitoring and ensuring appropriate stock levels
- Liaise with the Finance Department to reduce overheads and costs to improve competitiveness
- To obtain quote requests for new items and to amend Purchase Information Records accordingly
- To process all purchase orders in timely manner
- Ensure approved documentation is accurately completed and authorised where necessary
- Administration duties including preparation of reports, presentations and business correspondences as required
- Any other reasonable request
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Previous experience of buying within a construction company
- Strong IT skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Proven negotiating skills
- Ability to multi task
Benefits and Working hours
- The company provide flexible working time – we operate a 9 hours working day (less one hour unpaid for breaks), with a start time anywhere between 7-9am.
- 21 days annual leave per annum
- Convenient location – Dublin 11
- Free onsite parking