Lymar Contracts Ltd are looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor for projects based in Clare, with sites throughout Clare, Limerick & Dublin. This opening presents candidates with an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and successful construction & project management team and develop within the company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the Site management team and head office with planning, coordinating and implementing of commercial controls, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the business objectives are met.
- Oversee & develop the cost strategy for effective management, delivery & reporting throughout all phases of assigned projects
- Procurement of tenders, design, finance & build management teams to achieve optimum outcomes on commercial negotiations
- Negotiating and purchasing of sub-contractors, subsequent account management and final agreement.
- Manage and report on financial performance of allocated projects.
- Performing risk, value management and cost control
- Attend site progress and cost meetings and liaising with sub-contractors.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 3rd Level Qualification in Quantity surveying, engineering or construction management
- Minimum 3yrs industry experience
- Possess a current, full, clean Class B driving licence.
- Good administrative, report writing and I.T. skills (preferably with a good knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, Buildsoft, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent at budget management & punctual with reporting deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial contracts & building regulations.
- Experience in Construction, civils, fit-out & Demolition
- Ability to work well within the management team
- Quantity Surveying
- Cost Planning
- Value Management
- Project Cost Control
- Cost Reporting
- Subcontracts Management
- Final Accounting
- Construction management