Specialist Technical Engineering Services (STS) is a leading multinational engineering services provider. We count among our clients some of the world’s leading names in the Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Healthcare, and Technology sectors where we provide the highest levels of expertise and performance across electrical and instrumentation and commissioning works
STS is a privately-owned company headquartered in Waterford, Ireland and with offices in Dublin, London, Frankfurt and Belgium. STS employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Adherence to the STS Safety Management system
- Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation
- Drafting HSE Plans for projects.
- Development of task specific Method statements and risk assessments in conjunction with the Supervisor.
- Coordination of project safety indicators. Monthly KPI report to HSE Manager.
- Good Safety Practices are managed & maintained.
- Safety interventions are completed & registered.
- Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions.
- Ensure records of statutory inspections are available for project activities, tool and plant.
- Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Provide Safety input to site management & at site EHS forums.
- Ensure project sub-contractor adhere to project EHS policies & procedures.
- STS site induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained.
- Project PPE is resourced & available.
- Compile & carry out Toolbox talks
- Method Statement briefings
- Assist or carry out accident investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to project management.
- Welfare & Hygiene facilities are in place, managed & maintained.
- Liaison with site Project Management on environmental, health & safety issues.
- Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedures.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Relevant third level qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety (Degree or Diploma etc)
- 3+ year’s experience of managing environmental, health and safety on construction sites.
- Thorough knowledge of current environmental, health and safety legislation
- Ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
- Strong communication & computer skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Instructor training courses in working at heights, manual handling or abrasive wheels would be an advantage but not critical
- Previous experience of working on data centre projects or other mission critical projects.
Excellent package on offer for the right person in line with qualifications and experience
Please forward CV to email@example.com