Established in 1925, P.J. Hegarty & Sons is one of Ireland’s most progressive building and civil engineering companies. We undertake projects throughout Ireland and the UK from offices in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and London and are a leading company in major infrastructure, commercial and industrial facilities
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setting-out from engineers’ drawings, site surveys, as-built drawings
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/general workforce on site
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure programme targets are achieved
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records – site diary, concrete cube register, records of deliveries etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Engineering Degree/Diploma
- Proficiency in use of Engineers Level, EDM/Total Station
- Minimum 2-6 years’ experience on construction sites, dependent on role.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivating to deliver on safety, quality & programme
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full driving license
PJ Hegarty & Sons are seeking applications for a range of engineering positions from Site Engineer to Senior Engineer, with a minimum of 2-6 years’ site experience, dependent on the role, based out of our Dublin or Cork offices.
Engineers will be based on site and will receive extensive training to develop the necessary skills to progress within the Company and also assist them in achieving the role of Chartered Engineer, if applicable. This is an opportunity to join a very well respected, progressive Company.