The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) is the Irish construction sector’s representative body, providing a broad range of services that advise companies of all sizes across sector in navigating the political, business, economic and regulatory environment. These services cover the full business spectrum and are provided on a national and regional basis from our offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway. For more information www.cif.ie
The CIF is recruiting a Skillnet Manager for the Construction Professional Skillnet. The Construction Professional Skillnet (www.cpskillnet.ie) is a network which provides funded training and development solutions specifically for the construction industry. Its objective is to support the development and growth of construction businesses by working with them to identify and address their skills needs through the provision of construction specific training and development solutions.
The CIF is the contracting organisation for the Construction Professionals Skillnet.
Role and Responsibilities
The Network Manager will drive the delivery of the Construction Professionals Skillnet Network’s strategic objectives by supporting network member companies with their training and development needs, through the provision of enterprise driven people development training programmes.
This role will be primarily based in the Dublin office but travel may be required to the CIF regional offices and branches. The successful individual will be eligible to avail of the Remote Working Policy. The role will report to the Director of Safety & Training and work as part of a small team providing professional leadership and support for member organisations.
This position is part time and will be offered on a 12 month fixed term contract basis, subject to further funding being made available.
- Promoting the CPS Network and the value to business of workforce development, attracting new Network Member Companies and retaining existing members
- Proactively engaging with Member Companies on an ongoing basis to assess and deliver on current and future industry talent requirements
- Planning, procuring, coordinating and evaluating the Network’s workforce development programme, including the range of training, education and Networking events delivered by the Network
- Coordinating and/or engaging in programme development, design and customisation, including effective liaison with training providers
- Delivering on contracted targets, including financial targets while adhering to the overall targets, aims and objectives of the Skillnet Network
- Reporting to the Steering Committee
- Managing one administrative colleague
- Work with the Membership department in developing and maintaining relationships with members, public bodies and organisations promoting members interests
- Arrange and coordinate networking events and other learning activities that strengthen company relationships and capabilities
- Design and develop continuous professional development webinars and information sessions
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Applicants should have experience in programme development and quality assurance, sales and marketing, networking, financial management, people management and public procurement
- Candidates must have the ability to build effective relationships with CIF members, industry professionals and public authorities
- Candidates must have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Candidates must have excellent social, oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently and manage and prioritise a considerable workload
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of working with a Skillnet Ireland systems would be an added advantage
- Experience in the construction industry would be an advantage
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email to [email protected]
Please clearly state the role that you are applying for in your application and please quote the following reference in the email subject line Job Ref CIF202403 Skillnet Manager, Construction Professional Skillnet
In your application, please include the following:
- A cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience and why you would like to be considered for the position
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating your career achievements and experience to date.
In preparing your application, please consider the essential criteria required for this position.
Applications will not be accepted after 16th February 2024.