Dancor Civil Engineering designs, builds and renew infrastructure within both the public and private sector, throughout Dublin and North East Region. We provide a full spectrum of construction services to the transportation, water and social infrastructure sectors. Together with our customer, we deliver infrastructure projects that enhance communities and the environment that they live in.
Role and Responsibilities
Site Engineer required for civil engineering construction contracts in Dublin and North East Leinster. Ideally, candidate should have 3-5 years relevant experience in civil engineering construction and in particular pipeline construction and concrete structure plot works. Candidate should have experience in setting out, using GPS systems, Total Stations, and be proficient with the use of AutoCAD software. The Site Engineer’s duties include but not limited to:
- Setting out, leveling and oversee quality control on site.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations and with company health & safety policy.
- Maintain daily site records and testing records.
- Supervise directly employed and subcontractors works on site
- Relevant experience in drainage, concrete structures plot works etc.
- Have at least 3 years’ post graduate relevant experience on site
- Proven track record as a Setting Out Engineer on heavy civils engineering projects within the last 12 months
- Proficient in use of setting out equipment – GPS, total station, levelling equipment
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Hold a degree in Civil Engineering
- Have a good knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Traffic Management and Underground services
- Experience in trenchless technology, pipeline design and construction, rehabilitation and testing, reinforced concrete design and construction (water retaining structures)
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project
- Curiosity and persistence
- Full driving license
An attractive reward package, including car, pension scheme, professional subscriptions and other benefits, including training to develop the necessary skills to progress within the Company. Assistance will be provided to become a Chartered Engineer, if applicable.