Boyle Construction was formed in 1984 by Donal and Eugene Boyle. The company has grown significantly over the years and throughout this time has earned the reputation for delivering a Quality End Product.
Our primary focus is on delivering ‘Excellence’ through adherence to our ‘Working Principles’ of Client Focus, Staff Development, Communication, Innovation and providing a Safe Working Environment for all.
We operate in various construction sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare, Educational, Pharmaceutical, Retail, & Leisure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Site based Project QS with overall responsibility for the cost management of a multi-million project
- Liaise closely with the Site Manager on a day to day basis to ensure all cost issues relating to the project are managed successfully, including monitoring contract costs against actual costs
- Review, monitor and update the Construction Programme in conjunction with the Site Manager to ensure all orders are placed in a timely manner
- Prepare and issue tender enquiry packages to Sub-contractors & Suppliers including subsequent analysis and evaluation of quotations received
- Chairing negotiation meetings with Sub-contractors, agreeing terms and placing orders for the various work packages
- Assessment and agreement of Sub-contract valuations, variations & final accounts
- Attend and participate at Site Progress meetings chaired by Design Team
- Chairing of Technical meetings attended by Design Team, Sub-contractors and Suppliers
- Evaluation, submission and agreement of monthly Valuations
- Management of Change Orders and Final Account
- On-site remeasurements, etc
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in Quantity Surveying;
- Preferably 3+ years Quantity Surveying experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a team
- Full Clean Driving Licence