MDY Construction is a building contractor, based in Dublin, Ireland
We are committed to excellence in everything we do through a strong emphasis on safety, collaboration, performance, quality and efficiency.
We currently have a requirement for a setting out engineer for one of our projects (Housing) in Dublin 8.
Whilst this is initially a temp contract, there is the possibility that the role might convert into a permanent role in 2020.
Must be able to work on a site ( I.e have valid safe pass and manual handling certificate), and have safety boots
Excellent package available for the right candidate.
Role and Responsibilities
- The role will have the full support of the site management and the key requirements of this role are:
- Setting out,surveying the site, focusing on groundwork and scaffolds
- Overseeing quality control, including liaising with various sub contractors
- Monitoring health and safety
- Resolving any unexpected technical problems
- Liaising between design engineers and the construction team, to ensure plans and drawings are accurate and achievable
- Planning and organising work efficiently to meet deadlines is a key concern, especially when working with or sub-contractors
- Reporting progress into the Project Manager daily to meet keep project deadlines
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar environment, preferably with a main contractor is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of health & Safety regulations
Excellent package available for the right candidate