Bennett Construction is a fourth generation family owned construction services company with offices and projects in Dublin, London and Germany.
The Bennett Group was founded in 1917, since then the group has grown dramatically in both size and reputation. Bennett have a broad portfolio of successfully completed projects across a range of sectors including Commercial, Residential, Restoration, Hospitality, Industrial, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical.
Each employee is important to Bennett, because we rely on their dedication and professionalism in meeting client’s needs. While working with Bennett, you will benefit from realising your own personal goals and achieving a sense of satisfaction from a job well done.
We employ talented, innovative and proactive people who like to exercise their skill in building better buildings and stronger businesses for our clients.
We employ diverse people who are not afraid to bring ideas that can change the marketplace, who want to continue to learn, be challenged, have superior interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness like the Bennett Culture to be progressive.
Role and Responsibilities
We are currently working on a number of high-density residential and commercial projects in County Dublin. We are seeking experienced Senior Site Engineers to manage all site engineering works and in conjunction with the Management Team, deliver these projects to the highest quality, on time, within budget and implemented within the required safety, quality, and environmental parameters.
- Researching and advising on the best engineering solution to meet with our Client’s needs and budget
- Setting out and checking works as required for the project
- Managing sub-contractors and personnel on site in order to drive project through to successful completion on time, within budget and finished to the highest standards
- Maintaining a daily site diary with required information recorded and where all manpower levels for each Sub-Contractor are recorded
- Managing all engineering procurement including the ordering of concrete and site bulk materials
- Responsible for supervision, quality and measurement of all concrete pours
- Overseeing the keeping of the concrete cube register and other relevant quality checks by the Junior Engineer
- Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and the Construction Team
- Attending weekly management team meetings for Bennett Construction
- Maintaining, tracking and scheduling the daily and weekly work programmes and reviewing weekly progress reports from the master construction programme
- Assisting with the control of plant and equipment on site
- Organising the delivery of materials, plant and equipment needed for the project
- Preparing engineering calculations where required for the design of projects and supervising the drafting
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 5-7 Years proven experience at Senior Level, working on large scale high density residential, commercial or refurbishment projects
- Technical competence in the use of all setting out instruments is essential
- Ability to effectively manage site programme and associated schedules to required deadlines
- Excellent record keeping skills coupled with the ability to effectively deal with design issues
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Microsoft Office and Project/Powerproject
- Excellent communication and people management skills
Location: County Dublin
Job Type: Full time permanent
Bennett (Construction) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer