CField Construction is a privately-owned Construction Company with offices in both Ireland and the UK. Since our formation in 2011 we have fulfilled the role of main contractor/project manager on a wide range of projects for our clients who include, Merck, DPS, O’Callaghan Properties, Jacobs Engineering, PM, The Musgrave Group, Gannon Homes, KPMG and Grant Thornton amongst others.
CField employ the best people, invest heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of quality, health and safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation. This is evidenced by the fact that the company is ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 certified.
Due to continuing expansion, we currently have a vacancy for a Senior Purchasing Manager to work within our existing team in Ireland.
Role and Responsibilities
As Purchasing Manager, you will report to the Commercial Manager and manage the day to day operations of the purchasing department. The role will be accountable for the execution of all buying, sourcing materials, suppliers and plant (internal & external) management.
The ideal person will be ambitious and ready to hit the ground running. Supporting and building on their continuous growth, with a vision and plan on how to take the department to the next level.
- Material / Plant procurement, in accordance with company procedures
- Build strong relationships with new suppliers and maintain existing supply chain relationships
- Ensure supply chain are in compliance with CField standards and promote good work practices in relation to Health, Safety,
- Welfare and Quality management systems
- Develop strong relationships across the company, working collaboratively with sites to ensure on time material deliveries
- Liaise with site management and quantity surveyors on material and plant requirements
- Ensure the purchase order system operates efficiently, prompt order placing / deliveries with supply chain
- Ensure MSDS’s / DOP’s / BCAR cert’s etc are obtained where required, consult with EHS regarding safe use and installation of materials when required
- Maintain & manage the Approved Supplier List, in conjunction with Commercial / Finance / QEHS to ensure all information held is accurate and current
- Issue enquiries for quotations as well as following up on unanswered enquiries
- Prepare quotation comparisons V budgets
- Negotiating fixed prices / bulk orders with suppliers
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Formally place all subcontract packages on accounts system to generate PO
- Ensure coding is accurate for internal reporting
- Monthly / weekly reporting
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Check queried invoices for accuracy against purchase orders
- Must be flexible to participate in other ad-hoc relevant role duties as required by the department
- Manage procurement activities for multiple sites
- Supervision & delegation on a day to day basis of any assistants assigned to the department
- Manage internal and external plant registers, including weekly updates & reporting
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, be goal focused, work on your own initiative and work as part of a team
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in construction industry
- Highly results orientated, proven track record of exceeding targets
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of construction industry materials / plant
- Work to achieve cost savings (Value Engineering) / challenge price increases / challenge colleagues
- Ability to build and develop strong trusting relationships
- Maintain existing strong supplier relationships
- Assist in resolving invoice issues
- Excellent IT skills – essential Microsoft Office skills (excel / word / outlook) and drop-box essential
- Knowledge and experience of purchasing software systems
- Excellent time management
- Highly skilled in communicating with site personnel, suppliers and relevant internal departments
- Local market knowledge is an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation.
Please send your CV to the HR Manager at email@example.com