Specialist Technical Engineering Services (STS) is a leading multinational engineering services provider. We count among our clients some of the world’s leading names in the Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Healthcare, and Technology sectors where we provide the highest levels of expertise and performance across electrical and instrumentation and commissioning works
STS is a privately-owned company headquartered in Waterford, Ireland and with 8 offices across Europe and The Middle East. STS employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Role and Responsibilities
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
- Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 7 – 10 years’ experience working with a recognised Mechanical/Electrical contractor in process mechanical / pipework
- Experience in Commercial and industrial projects
- Excellent organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Travel UK & Europe 30%
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
STS is an equal opportunities employer