We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team on a full-time permanent basis to work on 110 and 220 KV Sub Station projects. The Quantity Surveyor will provide support to the Construction Team on all Quantity Surveying Functions.
Suir Engineering has over 35 years of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (M,E&I) expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than1000 people and in the region of €160 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, London & Stockholm.
Suir Engineering operates in the following sectors: data centres, energy & utilities, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and renewable energy. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful M,E&I projects in Europe.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Management and ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the lifecycle of the project.
- Responsibility for interface Client Commercial/Contract Team.
- Project Procurement including Sub-contractors.
- Conduct cost and risk analysis.
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
- Manage commercial aspects of subcontractors.
- Provide project costing, margin & cashflow reports.
- Manage project change order procedures and agree costs with client.
- Provide monthly valuations and certs.
- Agree final accounts.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- A relevant degree qualification.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Electrical experience.
- A proven working knowledge of current contract law.
- A proven track record in customer relationship development.
- IT Skills – Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro
Benefits of Working with Suir Engineering
- Competitive salary
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Pension Option
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Checks
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking