My client is a leading mid-sized civil engineering contractor who are looking to add a number of Quantity Surveyors to their Head Office in Laois. They are currently in need of a Junior QS and a Senior QS as they were recently awarded a number of projects in the Midlands.
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out the estimating, cost control and tracking of the installation works on site.
- Proven ability to negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers
- Track and manage contracts and associated budgets.
- Prepare variations, claims and generating reports.
- Preparing and agreeing final accounts.
- Generate timely reports.
- Preparing compensation events.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- Senior QS will need 8+ years’ experience
- Junior QS needs 1-2 years’ experience
- Experience of pricing and preparing tenders, budgets and cost plans.
- Experience of Sage systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project/Primavera would be an advantage.
- Experience in general procurement duties
Please apply below or contact Ian Doyle on +35315079288 to discuss further.