Bennett Construction is a fourth generation family owned construction services company with offices and projects in Dublin, London and Germany.
The Bennett Group was founded in 1917, since then the group has grown dramatically in both size and reputation. Bennett have a broad portfolio of successfully completed projects across a range of sectors including Commercial, Residential, Restoration, Hospitality, Industrial, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical.
Each employee is important to Bennett, because we rely on their dedication and professionalism in meeting client’s needs. While working with Bennett, you will benefit from realising your own personal goals and achieving a sense of satisfaction from a job well done.
We employ talented, innovative and proactive people who like to exercise their skill in building better buildings and stronger businesses for our clients.
We employ diverse people who are not afraid to bring ideas that can change the marketplace, who want to continue to learn, be challenged, have superior interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness like the Bennett Culture to be progressive.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor for our large mixed used project, located in Dublin City Centre. In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various design team / site meetings.
- Liaising and reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Attending Pre-Award Meetings with New Sub-Contractors
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to Sub-Contractors
- Working with the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the preparation of final account at the end of the project
- Issuing interim payment applications in conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Cost monitoring and reporting using Construction Computer Software
- Reviewing Tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects
- Purchasing and monitoring Sub-Contractors packages on site
- Handling Sub-Contractors re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Processing fortnightly/monthly Sub-Contractor payment certificates
- Compiling variations and the variation log
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with a proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting
- Thorough understanding of specifications, bills of quantities and drawings
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages
- Proven track record in Residential / Commercial Projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision. Must be highly flexible with a high-level commitment to success
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team with wide variety of individuals demonstrating effective interpersonal skills