The Elliott Group is a hands-on, third generation construction company, dedicated to improving the built environment.
We achieve this through our experienced, dedicated, tried and trusted team; using innovative technologies; adopting strong and supportive bonds; ensuring the sustainability of our business for our people, our partners and our clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare cost budgets for buying/letting all subcontractor packages and preliminaries
- Report on all commercial/cost aspects of projects onsite
- Prepare cash flows and cost forecasts
- Track and log variations and scope changes with design teams and clients
- Ensure subcontractors are paid on time but in a measured and structured way
- Be commercially aware and mitigate all company exposure to unnecessary risks
- Have an aptitude for assessing various forms of contract and subcontractor/ supplier appointments
- Provide input into value engineering and general cost saving measures onsite
- Such other duties as may be assigned to you by the Company from time to time
- This Job Specification is not exhaustive and is also subject to change
- Comply with Elliott’s ISO QEHS Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your department process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing department forms/records as required
- Understand and apply our QEHS policies in all aspects of your work
- Contribute towards achieving Elliott company objectives and our department KPI’s
- Ensure that the needs and requirements of Elliott’s internal departments and customers are understood and delivered
- Help develop and improve our internal processes and management system by reporting corrective actions, updates and improvement ideas
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
You should hold a quantity surveying degree.
You should have at least 3-4 years relevant experience within the construction industry
and enjoys working in a hands-on; sometimes pressurised/stand-alone role.
This could be a great opportunity for someone who wishes to further their career within a
The MD is essentially looking for QS support with contacts within the construction
industry as a whole so that the procurement process can be carried out diligently.
Elliott Group is an equal opportunities employer.