Stewart Construction is a top 10 Irish Contractor with over 110 year’s active presence in the Industry.
James Stewart began trading in Lower Salthill, Galway in 1902. The firm quickly grew into a general building business. The business was incorporated in 1938 as James Stewart Ltd., and is now one of the top Irish Main Contracting firms with a head office still based at the original location in Lower Salthill and a thriving Dublin regional office.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ability to QS
- Price projects
- Deal with interim payments
- Negotiation with sub contractors
- Agree final accounts
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Third level Degree in Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying or similar
- Minimum of 4+ years QS experience
- Minimum 2+ years experience with a Main Contractor
- Knowledge of varying Irish Forms of Contracts and Contract Procedures and Protocol
- Competent in all forms of surveying packages, Microsoft Excel, Buildsoft, etc.. (strongly computer literate – Cubit an advantage)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills dealing with design team / client/ meetings etc.
- Previous experience of high quality medium/large-scale Public & Private contracts in various sectors: – Industrial/Health/Pharma/Commercial/Education
- Contractually and commercially astute
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Effective Team Player
- Knowledge of Buildsoft Global Estimating/Cubit/Excel/Word
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work on their own initiative