Collen Construction is a family owned company, with a history dating back over 200 years and a reputation for building quality and excellence. The firm is currently ranked in the top ten main building contractors in Ireland, and has experience in private and public-sector projects, as design and build contractor, management contractor and joint venture partner.
The company’s portfolio includes projects ranging in value from under €1 million up to €700 million
•commercial office fit-outs •data centres •life sciences •industrial warehousing •retail •conservation •refurbishment
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Commercial Director your key responsibilities may vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include:
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Strong time management and communication skills are essential to this role as well as computer literacy and the ability to prepare reports and administer necessary paperwork.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Degree Qualified or from a trade background
- IT Proficient