Stewart Construction is a Top Ten Irish main contractor with a proven track record of successful project delivery through the generations. Technically advanced building projects are delivered in a cost effective and safe manner with excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail.
An award winning and innovative company with a history of integrity, Stewart Construction understand clients evolving needs and will deliver its promise on each and every project.
Roles / Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Purchasing & Plant Manager the appointee will be responsible for:
- Ensure that the Company’s best interests are protected in all procurement activities.
- Sourcing of materials, plant, equipment and services and managing vendors including negotiating pricing contracts with each material supplier.
- Manage material supplier contracts (SLA’s) that achieve cost, delivery, quality and service targets as required by the business. Meet suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure that all materials are in compliance with specifications, health and safety legislation, building regulations and environmental standards.
- Research and identification of new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings and develop and implement purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of supply and delivery times.
- Forecast upcoming demand, monitor pricing trends and advise and report to the management team as appropriate.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Liaise with Estimating Department personnel in providing up to date materials suppliers costs information.
- Assist Accounts Department in settling invoice disputes.
- Liaise and work with Plant Yard Supervisor regarding site plant, equipment and transport requirements.
- Issuing of Plant and Purchasing reports to Directors and Contracts Managers.
- Issuing of Purchase and Plant orders to suppliers and plant hire companies.
- Maintain records of the Company’s plant, engineering and surveying equipment stock; including calibrations, services, monitoring due dates, etc.
- Liaise with site management and quantity surveyors on material and plant requirements.
- Issue requests for prices with suppliers as well as follow up on price requisitions as requested.
- Prepare quotation analysis.
- Negotiating prices with suppliers.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Check invoices for accuracy against purchase orders.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in construction industry.
- Good knowledge of supply of construction materials.
- Work to achieve cost savings & challenge price increases.
- Manage procurement activities for several sites.
- Microsoft Office skills essential coupled with Purchasing software.
- Proven purchasing experience in construction, preferably with a Plant background. Non construction procurement candidates will not be considered for the position.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with suppliers.
- Strong commercial, negotiation and problem solving skills; experience in handling transactions with little supervision.
- Relevant third level qualifications, IIPMM advantageous.