Meitheal Architects are looking to recruit an experienced PSDP Health & Safety Advisor to fulfil the duties of PSDP on various projects in Multi-unit residential / Healthcare / Hospitality / Commercial projects across Ireland.
Meitheal Architects is a friendly, inclusive environment that values relationships and understands that each individual has unique skills and attributes. We place an emphasis of collegiality and in aligning people alongside their skillsets and areas of interest.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review of designs and design risk assessments with regard to compliance with Health and Safety legislation
- Fulfilling the duties of the PSDP as outlined in the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
- Attendance at design coordination meetings / site and stakeholder meetings
- Coordination of residual hazards and risks
- Provision of competent advice to clients and designers for compliance with legislation and best practice
- Management of contractor safety and review of contractor safety documentation
- Execution of safety audits, safety reviews and inspections for clients and contractors on live projects
- Maintaining risk logs for individual projects
- Coordination of Safety File for handover upon completion of the project
- The Ideal Candidate Will Have
This position will support our wider team in the safe planning and delivery of projects.
An ideal candidate will have expert level knowledge of safety in Ireland on Construction sites. Our varied portfolio of work in the housing, healthcare and hospitality sectors affords the opportunity to expand your experience. will have expert level knowledge of safety in Ireland on Construction sites
- Relevant Health and Safety academic qualifications with post-qualification in safety specific training
- Site-based Construction Safety experience for projects of varying scales (with at least 3+ years fulfilling the duties of PSDP)
- Knowledge of design and construction-related health and safety legislation
- Field experience in Construction and/or Commissioning, Qualification and Validation
- Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative
- Pro-active approach to gathering and processing information with good follow-through to completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
Flexible and blended home working arrangements can be accommodated and encouraged to reflect the varying needs of team members.
Meitheal Architects is an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.