Bennett Construction is a fourth generation family owned construction services company with offices and projects in Dublin, London and Germany.
The Bennett Group was founded in 1917, since then the group has grown dramatically in both size and reputation. Bennett have a broad portfolio of successfully completed projects across a range of sectors including Commercial, Residential, Restoration, Hospitality, Industrial, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical.
Each employee is important to Bennett, because we rely on their dedication and professionalism in meeting client’s needs. While working with Bennett, you will benefit from realising your own personal goals and achieving a sense of satisfaction from a job well done.
We employ talented, innovative and proactive people who like to exercise their skill in building better buildings and stronger businesses for our clients.
We employ diverse people who are not afraid to bring ideas that can change the marketplace, who want to continue to learn, be challenged, have superior interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness like the Bennett Culture to be progressive.
Role and Responsibilities
We are currently working on a number of high-density residential and commercial projects and seeking experienced Project Managers to successfully deliver these to the highest quality, on time, within budget and implemented within the required safety, quality, and environmental parameters.
This role will report directly to the Construction Director.
- Responsibility for ensuring the project is completed on time, within budget and to the highest quality and safety standards
- Key liaison between Bennett Construction Ltd and Client, ensuring Client is regularly updated
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual and regulatory requirements
- Effective management and co-ordination of subcontractors and ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards
- Manage day to day operational duties
- Continually improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- Provide feedback and record information from the project for ‘lessons learnt seminars’ and for continuous staff development
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Degree qualification with a minimum of 7 years’ experience at Project Manager level
- Proven experience in successfully delivering high density residential or commercial projects
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents
- Strong commercial awareness and cost control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning
- Technical competence with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables
- Extensive experience in leading and directing project teams and effectively managing sub-contractors
- Excellent People Management skills
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications, e.g., MS Office, including ability to use programming software – e.g., MS Project/Powerproject etc