Bennett Construction is a fourth-generation family-owned construction company with offices in Ireland, London and Germany. With over 100 years in the industry, the company has steadily grown from small beginnings to the award winning innovative and vibrant organisation it is today.
Along the way, we have consistently established our reputation for quality, innovation and partnership. This combined with our best practice systems and experienced workforce has secured our place as one of the top five construction companies in Ireland.
Role and Responsibilities
We are currently working on a number of high-density residential and commercial projects and seeking experienced Project Managers to successfully deliver these to the highest quality, on time, within budget and implemented within the required safety, quality, and environmental parameters.
This role will report directly to the Construction Director.
- Responsibility for ensuring the project is completed on time, within budget and to the highest quality and safety standards
- Key liaison between Bennett Construction Ltd and Client, ensuring Client is regularly updated
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual and regulatory requirements
- Effective management and co-ordination of subcontractors and ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards
- Manage day to day operational duties
- Continually improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- Provide feedback and record information from the project for ‘lessons learnt seminars’ and for continuous staff development
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Degree qualification with a minimum of 7 years’ experience at Project Manager level
- Proven experience in successfully delivering high density residential or commercial projects
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents
- Strong commercial awareness and cost control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning
- Technical competence with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables
- Extensive experience in leading and directing project teams and effectively managing sub-contractors
- Excellent People Management skills
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications, e.g., MS Office, including ability to use programming software – e.g., MS Project/Powerproject etc.
Bennett Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.