Weltec Engineering Ltd is one of Ireland’s leading Mechanical and Electrical Engineering companies in Ireland. We have extensive experience delivering complex projects in a wide variety of industries ranging from Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Public Works, industrial and Commercial.
Weltec is ISO 9001:2015, 14001 and 45001 Accredited and is also a registered Safe T Cert company.
Weltec Engineering Limited are looking to appoint a Plant & Equipment (P&E) Coordinator based in Waterford to tend to P&E requirements within the company. You will report directly to the Workshop Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and controlling the day-to-day operation of the plant and equipment, in accordance with best practice. Logging of P&E on the new P&E compliance management system register, ensuring asset/hire registers accurately reflect current status
- Liaise with project managers and Workshop Manager to order/hire additional Plant and Equipment as required to meet the Project and Workshop requirements in accordance with Weltec procurement procedures
- Preparation of monthly reports for management meetings detailing plant performance, and significant plant activities such as
missing/recovered/scrapped plant and any plant on hire
- Responsible for auditing and inspecting P&E on all Projects and the Workshop to ensure it is on the site, it is being properly maintained and to ensure it meets Weltec’s and Statutory safety standards
- Organisation of all planned and unplanned maintenance and repair activities through use of the P&E compliance management system register
- Conduct PAT testing as required
- Management of site requirements for plant failures and assist in troubleshooting where appropriate. Conduct initial/basic maintenance on equipment where necessary
- Ensure that P&E equipment transfers are documented in accordance with Weltec quality assurance procedures, including contents of Containers and Stores
- Coordinate with P&E Suppliers on warranty issues, repairs, replacements etc. in accordance with Weltec’s procurement procedures
- Coordinate with Project managers, Workshop Manager and Site Supervisors to arrange delivery/transfer of Plant and Equipment, consumables, minor materials and fabricated materials to site where necessary using company vehicles
- Deliver equipment and prefabricated materials etc. from workshop to various sites
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Strong IT skills required including MS Word and Excel and P&E compliance management systems
- Good understanding of computerised P&E monitoring/management systems, using QR codes for asset identification and tracking. Training will be provided to successful candidate on the Weltec P&E compliance management system.
- Attention to detail and excellent reporting skills
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and make decisions promptly
- Strong Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Relevant trade qualification (mechanical/electrical) an advantage
A competitive package will be offered to the successful applicant. Weltec Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.
Copy the link below to any browser to apply for this role: