Since we were established in 1992 we have built up a reliable and competent management staff and workforce over the past 25 years. We are fully insured with Employer, Public Liability and C.A.R. Insurance. We are also insured to act as Project Supervisors Construction Stage. Health and Safety is a priority with Burns Construction. We provide training and development for management staff and workforce.
Role and Responsibilities
- Administration of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements.
- Production and submission of applications for payments.- Processing end of month valuations for various projects on time- Final Account preparation
- Provide support and advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues
- Attend and input to relevant customer/client commercial meetings. Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relationships
- Ensure that contracts are fulfilled by maintaining records, contractual notifications, change control, etc.- Liaising with Management to ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Prepare and manage material procurement schedules. – Tendering for projects
- Source quotes and pricing from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Prepare internal cost/value reports for other team members departments – Cost monitoring and reporting – Manage and maximise project margin
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- At least 2 years Quantity Surveying experience in a similar role in a Irish contracting experience
- Degree Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Full, clean driver’s license as travel between sites and head office will be required.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of the construction cycle
- Strong commercial awareness and client facing skills
- Work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry