Role and Responsibilities
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are hiring a Junior Health & Safety Officer for our client, a very well-known Large Main Contractor in Dublin and the successful candidate will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority
- Delivering Health & Safety induction program for new employees or contractors working on site
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protective Equipment required for all Employees
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc
- Serving as company representative at Site meetings;
- Organizing and chairing the Safety Meetings for Sub-Contractors personnel
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement’s and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
- Compiling, updating and communicating site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated
- Making sure First aid is available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
What you need to have
- Health and Safety Degree is essential
- With 1-2 years experience
- Previous experience managing safety on site
- Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills
- Experience in the construction industry
- Experience with Irish or UK contracts
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- Latest available training to assist you in your role
- Competitive Salary
- Company vehicle or fuel allowance
- Work for a well structured and supported organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact David Kavanagh on 0870903616/ immediately to discuss in complete confidence.