Glenbeigh Construction is one of Ireland’s leading construction companies. Founded in 1985, the company has a broad portfolio of construction projects across public and private sectors. We are certified in ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Standard),
ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management Standard),
ISO 45001:2018 (Occupational, Health & Safety Management Standard)
The success of our business is based on our professionalism, and our commitment to meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Role and Responsibilities
The Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor (EHS Advisor) is an integrated part of the Project Team and is responsible for providing specialist advise and support on all matters relating to the Environment, Health, Safety and Welfare of site personnel. The EHS Advisor will become a Subject Matter Expert on Glenbeigh Construction Integrated Management System and ensure its effective implementation on site.
- Assist the EHS Manager in achieving Glenbeigh Construction Critical Success Factor 1. ‘To ensure we are fully compliant in all Health, Safety & Workplace Legislation’
- Maintain our three ISO Standards with 9001, 14001, 18001 and 45001
- Work effectively with the Project Manager and Construction Team with the implementation of the Integrated Management System
- Ensure the site is adequately set up with a Site-Specific Construction EHS Plan.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all of Glenbeigh High Risk Activities (HRA’s) and ensure that they are identified and effectively controlled on site.
- Assist with the development of Risk Assessment & Method Statements
- Assist with the development of SOP’s and provide training and communication to site personnel.
- Become familiar with and promote the ‘Glenbeigh Construction’ and its interfaces with Health & Safety.
- Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Communicate Safety Alerts through Toolbox Talk on a scheduled basis.
- Ensure statutory forms and inspections are complete and recorded in a timely fashion.
- Provide EHS project and documentation support.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by the EHS Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Relevant Health and Safety Diploma / Degree.