Bennett Construction is a fourth-generation family-owned construction company with offices in Ireland, London and Germany. With over 100 years in the industry, the company has steadily grown from small beginnings to the award winning innovative and vibrant organisation it is today.
Along the way, we have consistently established our reputation for quality, innovation and partnership. This combined with our best practice systems and experienced workforce has secured our place as one of the top five construction companies in Ireland.
Role and Responsibilities
The Intermediate Engineer will assist the Senior Engineer in the following ways:
- Setting out and checking works as required for the project;
- Coordinating Sub-Contractors including maintaining a daily Site Diary detailing manpower levels for each Sub-contractor and keeping accurate notes of all on-site activities;
- Scheduling daily Work Programmes;
- Scheduling steel reinforcement and other material requisitions;
- Making of Concrete Cubes including recording locations, sending for testing and analysing results as well as other quality checks as required;
- Attending weekly Management Team meeting for Bennett Construction Team
- Liaising with:
– Site Clerk : material and plant requisitioning and assisting in the control of plant and equipment on site
– Junior Quantity Surveyor : re-measurement work
– Quality & Environmental Manager : maintaining site records in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
– Health & Safety Officer : promoting the implementation of Safety Management System
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Engineering Degree/Diploma Required
- Preferably 1-5 years Engineering experience
- Computer literate in computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Powerproject etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Full Driving License
Bennett (Construction) Limited is an equal opportunities employer.