STS Group are a leading multinational engineering services provider. We count among our clients some of the world’s leading names in the Life Sciences, Industrial, Healthcare, and Technology sectors where we provide the highest levels of expertise and performance across electrical and instrumentation and commissioning works
STS is a privately-owned company headquartered in Waterford, Ireland and with offices in Dublin, London, Frankfurt, Belgium and Bahrain. STS employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Role and Responsibilities
HSE officer on new build data centre project in Sweden. The current phase is planned for a period of 4 months. The project has potential to run for the remainder of 2019 and beyond if STS are successful in winning future phases. As HSE officer you will report on site to the lead supervisor and will report in country to STS project manager and country HSE lead.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of health and Safety Inductions for all new employees or contractors working on site
- Maintenance of site safety folders and EHS management systems
- Updating and printing out the weekly packs (MEWP’s checklists + forklifts. Collecting the weekly packs and completing a checklist for compliance with STS requirements.
- Updating EHS databases for Work at Height equipment (Ladders, MEWP’s, Harness/Lanyard, etc), PAT Testing, SDS, Tools and Equipment and all Site Plant and filing certificates for same
- Maintenance of EHS records including induction and training documentation, inspection records, accident files and follow-up action points, statistical records
- Provide training where appropriate. Assist in setting up training sessions, prepare paperwork and file paperwork when complete.
- Taking minutes for STS Safety meetings and follow up with participants on Action Points.
- Assist with the Tool Box Schedule for the project including attendance records. Prepare & give tool box talks
- Updating weekly statistics in relation to safe work hours, SORs, accidents, incidents, etc.
- Complete a monthly Project HSE KPIs form for submission to head office.
- Monitoring of STS compliance with site permits
- Maintenance of STS Site Safety Board/s.
- Monitoring distribution of site PPE and safety related documents.
- Updating spreadsheet with regards to weekly returns for sub-contractor.
- Develop safety documents (method statements & risk assessments) in conjunction with the Project Supervisor
- Reviewing of safety documentation from supply chain subcontractors.
- Able to compile professional and detailed reports
- Method Statement briefings to workers.
- Maintain First-aid facilities on site.
- Promote a safety culture on site at all times and promote the use of the SOR (safety observation reporting)
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Relevant third level qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety (Diploma, Degree qualified or Nebosh or IOSH)
- Ideally 3 + year’s experience of environmental, health and safety work. A Junior or graduate might be considered if they have suitable construction experience.
- Able to communicate in English
- Good knowledge of environmental, health and safety practices and standards
- Ability to work in a team environment and can engage, motivate and work with team members and site personnel.
- Strong communication & computer skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Windows Operating System.
Desirable but not essential
- Previous M&E experience desirable or at least industrial
- Able to provide in-house company training (working at heights or manual handling)
- Previous experience of working in Nordic countries
- Data centre experience
- Full clean drivers’ licence
- Good package on offer for the right person in line with qualifications and experience
- Flights home once per month
- Accommodation provided, and accommodation fully furnished
- Transport to and from work provided