Stewart Construction is a leading main contractor with a proven track record of successful project delivery through the generations. Technically advanced building projects are delivered in a cost effective and safe manner with excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail.
An award winning and innovative company with a history of integrity, Stewart Construction understand clients evolving needs and will deliver its promise on each and every project.
Role and Responsibilities
Do you want to join a progressive company where safety is always top of the agenda?
Stewart is seeking a Health & Safety Officer to strengthen the Dublin / Eastern Region Safety Team.
This will suit a strong degree qualified safety professional experienced in the construction industry.
Working alongside a Health & Safety Manager, Contracts Manager & Director of Construction, you will ideally be a competent Health & Safety Officer seeking to develop your career in the industry in addition to specialising in Health & Safety in Construction with a level of site exposure already gained.
This is a site based role where you will be able to take advantage of Stewart’s 120 years’ experience in construction while utilising their expertise and track record on a wide range of varied public and private projects to further develop your Health & Safety profile for this sector.
Public & Private Sector – Traditional, Design & Build, Commercial, Industrial, Educational, Leisure, Heritage, Residential.
This role will come under the supervision of the SHEQ Manager, who will visit site regularly to provide guidance to the successful candidate. Site Safety Officers are also backed up by independent safety consultants who carry out site inspections on a monthly basis on all Stewart sites.
Responsibilities and key activities include:
- Ensuring safety is a priority
- Maintaining a healthy safety record and ensuring company ethos of safety is positively filtered down to all on site
- To monitor, evaluate and act upon any Health and Safety conditions injurious to Health and Safety in his/her area and promote improvement and prevention by advice, education and enforcement of appropriate legislation
- To advise and assist the SHEQ Manager in the assessment of staff safety development and training needs
- To assist in company health and safety audits and attend meetings when required
- Preparation of method statements, risk assessments, update safety statement
- Monitoring and contributing to company policies
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional H&S Degree Qualification
- 5 years’ experience on construction sites
- Proven track record within Industry on accident free sites
- Experience with ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and SafeT Cert is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in H&S Legislation, H&S Procedures in particular maintenance of company policies and procedures with a view to continually monitoring legislative updates and best practice guidelines
- Previous experience with the drafting of tender documentation and prequalification’s a distinct advantage
- Team-player with a positive attitude and highly developed interpersonal communication skills and cultural sensitivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence personnel at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent organisational skills are essential
- Excellent demonstrated computer skills, including a proficiency in using common word software, spreadsheet software, database applications, project and presentation software, and email, contact management
Based on Experience