Lymar Contracts Ltd are looking to hire a Health and Safety Officer for projects based in Clare, with site throughout Clare, Limerick & Dublin. This opening presents candidates with an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and successful construction & project management team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the Site management team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective Health Safety & Training policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the business objectives are met.
- Provide support to the Management and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety, Training / Development and on occasion environmental issues.
- Assist with developing Health and Safety plans that comply with Company policies and procedures
- Ensure training, toolbox meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and Health & Safety and HR program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit preventative measure initiatives for implementation.
- Assist in the development of project specific Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure premises, transportation and employees are compliant with Company policies and safety standards and that there are sufficient systems in place to monitor and safeguard same.
- Report to management team and provide monthly updates on all Health & Safety for the whole company.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Diploma in Health and Safety
- Minimum 5yrs industry experience
- A good understanding of Health and Safety legislation, statutory requirements, their implications for the workplace
- Possess a current, full, clean Class B driving licence.
- Good administrative, report writing and I.T. skills (preferably with a good working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in Construction, fit-out & Demolition
- Ability to work well within the management team