Ardmac is an international company specialising in the construction of high value working environments for global brands. We retain our market leading position through the skills of our people, the quality of our processes and the sharing of our in-depth industry knowledge.
We specialise in constructing cleanroom and controlled environments to research and manufacturing facilities and quality interior space to the fit out and refurbishment market.
Operating through our office network across Ireland, the UK and the Benelux region, with business partnerships in the USA and Asia, Ardmac have the global capability to deliver projects to the highest standards for some of the largest blue chip multinational companies.
Roles and Responsibilities
Head of Engineering
Ardmac are currently seeking a Head of Engineering. This executive role, reporting to the Managing Director, involves the management and support of the Design and Engineering function to ensure timely and innovative delivery of the Engineering technical output to the satisfaction of both internal and external clients and stakeholders. The successful candidate will manage the design and engineering teams to ensure that technical design and delivery is consistent on projects across the business and will foster and develop a learning/continuous improvement environment within the organisation
- Ensure all aspects of the design management procedures are implemented.
- Ensure systems, procedures and working processes are efficient, suitable and adhered to.
- Maintain technical links and develop good working relationships with our key customers, consulting engineers, supply chain etc.
- Working with the Design Manager and Engineering Manager to provide excellent management services for projects.
- Assess design risk and manage its mitigation (Safety, Technical & Commercial).
- Ensure Ardmac achieve Statutory and regulatory technical compliance.
Qualification & Educational Requirements
- Chartered, Degree Qualified (Building Services or Mechanical Engineering) Engineer
- Possess excellent communication abilities, both written and oral and have interpersonal skills that encourage team working and staff retention.
- High level management ability
- Experience of leading technical teams to achieve deadlines
- Good working knowledge of pharmaceutical cleanrooms
- Experience of delivering design and engineering services to pre-set budgets
- Working knowledge of the use of BIM level 2
- Experience in LEAN Project delivery
Ardmac is an acknowledged industry leader at providing technical and value engineered solutions in the construction industry. The world’s most prestigious clients entrust Ardmac with their ideas, designs and project work. Our record of achievement results from our team’s collaboration with clients. Exposure to work that is at the cutting edge – in an environment that champions work-life balance, teamwork and thought leadership – makes for a career enriched with learning and achievement