MMD Construction is a progressive and dynamic building and civil engineering company. We offer an extensive range of services, befitting a major construction company in the Irish market place including design and build, pharmaceutical, healthcare, civil / infrastructure, education, commercial / residential projects, historic building restoration and general construction.
Role and Responsibilities
MMD Construction are seeking to recruit a Graduate Health and Safety Officer for the company, reporting directly to the EHS Manager. The Role of the Graduate Health and Safety Officer will be guide, support and advise Project/Site Managers and other relevant personnel on the implementation and continuous improvement of MMD Construction systems and standards in accordance with the MMD Construction Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- BSc in Health and Safety / H.Dip SHWW
- Ability to advise on Health, Safety and Environmental issues on a day to day basis on site.
- Ability to carry out and write site inspection reports and audit reports.
- Ability to recommend to Project/Site Managers appropriate corrective actions to address risks highlighted in audit reports.
- Ability to write, review and assess risk assessments, method statements and advise on how risks could be reduced further.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Competency & Behaviour
- Is pro-active and self-motivated
- Can work unsupervised
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Has excellent communication skills, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills