MMD Construction are seeking to recruit a Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer to join our team based in Cork. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual and will work across all stages of a project lifecycle within our quickly expanding construction firm.
The role will predominantly involve:
The role of the Engineer within MMD Construction is to assist in the commercial control of projects in accordance with company policies and procedures. Work will require evaluation, selection, application and adaption of Engineering procedures and criteria.
- Mainly Office based work with frequent site work.
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations, material Submittals, updating Registers etc.
- As-Built AutoCAD drawings.
- Setting Out using Total Stations, Dumpy Levels etc.
- Report to Senior Engineer.
- Attend regular team meetings and act on delegated work tasks.
- Quality control support.
The ideal candidate must have:
- BSC Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
Skill Set required:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), and AutoCAD.
- Strong report writing ability.
- Knowledge of Irish Building Regulations.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Able to analyse large amounts of data.
Contact Donal Twomey via Email – firstname.lastname@example.org