The Elliott Group is a hands-on, third generation construction company, dedicated to improving the built environment.
We achieve this through our experienced, dedicated, tried and trusted team; using innovative technologies; adopting strong and supportive bonds; ensuring the sustainability of our business for our people, our partners and our clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all works on site are carried out in accordance with the specification or in accordance with some other acceptable standard if no specification exists or is otherwise directed by his superiors
- Ensure that the quality of all works carried on site is acceptable and in accordance with the specification
- Ensure that all resources required for the timely and proper carrying out of the works are available to him
- Ensure that all resources of Elliott Group and all subcontractors employed by Elliott Group are used in a productive way at all times
- Ensure the site is safe and that all accident prevention measures are taken in a good and timely manner
- All Quality procedures and Control sheets are followed and completed daily
- Meeting weekly with the project team and subcontractors to ensure programme, quality and health and safety standards are met
- The Finishing Foreman will generate a pre-handover snag list for completion by all relevant subcontractors. Ensuring subcontractors complete the snag list price to handover in accordance with the programme
- Ensuring that works are carried out in the most cost efficient manner as possible, paying particular attention to preliminary and overhead costs
- The Finishing Foreman shall be responsible for obtaining the information necessary from design teams and subcontractors in order to carry out the works in accordance with the programme and quality standards
- Be familiar with all Safe Operating Procedures
- Comply with Elliott’s ISO QEHS Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your department process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing department forms/records as required. Finishing Foreman Job spec Rev. 02 Issue date: 01/06/2017 Page 2 of 2
- Understand and apply our QEHS policies in all aspects of your work
- Contribute towards achieving Elliott company objectives and our department KPI’s
- Ensure that the needs and requirements of Elliott’s internal departments and customers are
understood and delivered
- Help develop and improve our internal processes and management system by reporting corrective
actions, updates and improvement ideas
- Such other duties as may be assigned to you by the Company from time to time
- This Job Specification is not exhaustive and is also subject to change
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
You should have a trade background with a wide ranging knowledge of a building project.
You should have at least 4-5 years relevant experience.
A “hands on” approach and good rapport with people is essential in this sometimes pressurised role.
Elliott Group is an equal opportunities employer.