MDY Construction are a main contractor that have been in operation for over 25 years. The company has undergone some restructuring in recent months and are now based in Ballycoolin, Dublin 11.
Role and Responsibilities
Your new role
- Preparation and Review of monthly / quarterly management accounts and preparation of reporting packs for the Managing Director.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial reporting pack including full P&L, Balance Sheet and analysis of same.
- Direct and manage all aspects of the Finance and Accounting functions of the organisation
- Monitor and report on agreed KPIs
- Prepare and issue weekly and monthly reports
- Overseeing AR, Credit Control and AP.
- Ensure effective and robust site financial controls are in place to minimise risk
- In conjunction with the GFC & MD, develop and implement business plans. You will be a key figure in the delivery of these plans.
- Participate in senior management meetings to review company progress.
- Responsibility for year-end audit process
- Responsible for the co-ordination and preparation of the annual budget
- Compile annual returns, monthly management accounts, external reporting, tax compliance to domestic and international authorities, and managing the audit process.
- Maintenance and management of company asset base including fixed assets, Cash management / company treasury, stock control, debtors, etc
- Liaise with external parties – banks, legal advisors, auditors, insurers, IT consultants etc.
- Identify areas of weakness and develop and deliver on projects to improve the financial and operational efficiency of the company.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- You must be Qualified Accountant (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CPA) with a min of 5 years PQE.
- Excellent IT skills and full proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP systems.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent numerical skills.
- The company provide flexible working time – we operate a 9 hours working day (less one hour unpaid for breaks), with a start time anywhere between 7-9am.
- 21 days annual leave per annum
- Convenient location – Dublin 11
- Free onsite parking