Alucraft Limited was founded in 1975 and is Ireland’s leading designer, manufacturer and installer of architectural glazing systems. To see our full project portfolio and find out more, please visit our website; www.alucraftgroup.com
Role and Responsibilities
Alucraft Limited have an excellent opportunity for a Façade Designer to join our busy Design Office in West Dublin.
You will be proficient with AutoCAD and be comfortable in providing effective design solutions, to both external and internal customers, on time and in budget.
You will be part of Design for Architecture (DFA), which sits in our busy Design Office of approximately 30 people. The scope of your role is extensive and offers great opportunities to excel and have a meaningful impact on the success of the company.
- To provide effective design solutions, to both external and internal customers in a timely manner
- To provide design solutions and material specifications that are tailored to our production / outsourcing capabilities
- To identify and request at the early stages of design all of the required information in order to progress the design, procurement, manufacturing and installation activities
- To record and document information flow. For example; drawing registers, Requests for Information (RFI’s), forward loads and cutting lists
- Working to and meeting project/programme deadlines
- To ensure that all drawings have been reviewed with your colleagues in the appropriate departments being issued to the architect
- To provide information to internal customers in an agreed manner to allow them to use the information and work to the overall programme
- To communicate difficulties experienced in the design process that will affect the programme to the relevant individuals
- To manage cost control to ensure that budgets are maintained
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Proven experience within the façade industry (or similar)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or other similar programmes
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- The ability to communicate effectively across different levels within an organisation
- The ability to communicate effectively to different audiences who may not have a technical background
- In-depth knowledge of safety in design
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry methodologies on detailing and building erection sequencing
- Knowledge of curtain wall systems
- Knowledge of Schuco systems and products would be a distinct advantage