KM Lynskey, with a head office based in North Dublin, are currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator.
Our Services include all aspects of Partition & Ceiling Construction, External Rendering and Fit Out Works and are currently working on a number of sites in Ireland and Europe.
As part of the next planned stage of growth and development, a fantastic new opportunity has come about for an experienced Estimator, working as part of the Commercial Team.
With growth planned throughout the next 5 years, this role offers excellent opportunities for progression in both the short and long term.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Commercial and Industrial properties.
The role will include management of relationships with designers and project managers and also with client teams and suppliers.
- Tender Document Control.
- Review of Bill of Quantities.
- Management of Bill of Quantities on Design & Build Tender.
- Preparation of estimates (Both for Direct & Indirect costs).
- Analysis of engineering drawings.
- Material take-offs.
- Preparation of sub-contractor and supplier enquiries and contract documents.
- Liaison with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers and handle any queries.
- Liaison with sub-consultant and in-house engineering design teams.
- Assessment of different options and solutions.
- Attending pre and post tender meetings/presentations including presenting estimates to Directors.
- Engineering work on live projects – includes completion of as-built drawings, TMPs, phasing plans/ similar.
- Assisting the Planner in the preparation of tender programmes for internal review and for submission with tenders.
- Preparation of hand-over documentation after award of contract;
- Good knowledge of general construction contracts, relevant legislation and standards Proven estimating experience working with Industrial and Commercial projects.
- The ability to work independently and to manage inputs from a range of specialist suppliers and in-house staff.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Be results oriented.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Good computer skills, especially Excel and Word, and have experience of estimating software.
What’s in it for you:
- Expanding organisation to work within.
- Career progression within a structured team environment.
- Competitive package DOE.
- Great place to work.