At Jones Engineering we have over 130 years’ experience as a world class engineering contractor. Our core divisions include Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Sprinkler and Fire Protection. Some of the other services we provide include Waste to Energy (BioEnergy), Specialist Lift, Off Site Fabrication, Technical Support Services, Maintenance, Asset Management, BIM (Building Information Modelling) and Geo-Surveying. We offer competitive salaries, financial support for further training, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) leading to chartered status, performance incentives and the ability to progress your career with a world class engineering contractor.
Role and Responsibilities
Due to continued expansion, Jones Engineering require Electrical Engineers for roles in Cork & Limerick.
- Reporting to the Project Manager on project progress, risks and issues
- Analyse supplier information for alignment with design specifications
- Review and understand schematics, GA plans and projects specifications
- Design reviews, validate equipment and systems
- Complete technical submittals, RFIs, equipment registers and trackers
- Analysis of all design documentation and identification of any scope gaps
- Review quality on site – walking down systems to ensure compliance with project team
- Projects include commercial, pharma, data centres etc.
- Relevant 3rd level electrical qualification essential
- Electrical trade background would be advantageous
- Experience in pharma/life sciences is desirable
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role is essential
- Excellent IT skills required
- Experience in Revit would be advantageous
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Fluent in English essential