STS Group, is dedicated to being the leading and most cost-efficient provider of electrical engineering, instrumentation, design and commissioning services across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East. Since its formation, STS Group has broadened its scope to become a full-service provider to world renowned brand names in the Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Utilities, Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Food & Beverage, Transport and other industry sectors.
Headquartered in Waterford, Ireland, STS Group is one of three business units within Dussmann Technical Solutions (DTS) and is a proud member of the Dussmann Group. STS Group employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education ensuring that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Role and Responsibilities
Due to continued growth the STS Group are currently recruiting for a Electrical Power Systems Engineer.
The ideal candidate for this position will be very experienced in the Electrical Power Systems field and have practical experience of transmission, distribution, and industrial or generation projects in the Irish and UK market.
Candidates will have excellent client focus and capable of interpreting client requirements and manage and deliver sometimes difficult or complex projects to their satisfaction. Prior experience of power systems modelling is essential knowledge of SKM, ETAP, ERACS or Dig Silent. Candidates with professional experience of working with large and/or critical electrical power systems (data centres, power stations, pharmaceutical or other large industrial plants) or experience of designing and specifying electrical equipment (generators, switchgear and protection equipment, harmonic filters, drives, UPS, inverters, transformers, earthing systems).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Strategic power system analysis: redundancy, load studies, short circuit, power flow, protection coordination.
- Electrical safety analysis: arc flash and electrical risk assessments
- Grid connection and embedded generation connections analysis: static & dynamic transient stability, harmonics, flicker, transformer inrush
- Power quality evaluation: earthing, harmonics, sag ride-through
- Electrical systems reliability assessments
- Software based analysis solutions
- Emerging technology reviews
- Failure investigations and advice
- Coordination with site teams to acquire and deliver information
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Electrical Engineering Degree and Masters (or related discipline)
- Network modelling experience essential (i.e. SKM, ETAP, DigSilent, ERACS, Amtech, etc.)
- High level of experience on the Irish market in power systems
- Experience of design and specification of electrical equipment and systems
- Experience of power system commissioning and project management
- A working knowledge and/or good awareness of IEC standards, Engineering Recommendations and other international standards such as IEEE/ANSI
- Practical on-site experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Full Driver’s License
- Work well under pressure and able to take decisions based on facts
- Ability to balance your work between short term/urgent and longer term
- Ability to work with multiple targets and stakeholders
This is a permanent position based in our office in Waterford. An attractive salary is on offer for the right candidate.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and Cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org