Mannok is a leading manufacturer of premium building materials and thermoformed food packaging for the UK and Irish markets.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Engineering Manager your main duties will involve fault finding, installation, mechanical updates, PLC’s inverter drivers, trouble shooting and technical support initiatives.
You will work as part of a team and be responsible for the Supervision of staff
- Project planning, implementation & control
- PLC programming and trouble shooting
- Carryout visual inspections of electrical equipment assess, fault diagnose and repair
- Carry out LV, MV and HV switching
- In conjunction with Maintenance team carry out weekly, monthly, 6 monthly checks on all plant and equipment
- To assist in continuous improvement philosophy geared towards improving processes
- Working with contractors to test, inspect, maintain and repair wiring systems, generator systems, motor control centres, energy management systems, communications equipment and fire alarm systems
- Test, inspect, maintain, and make electrical repairs on specialized equipment such as hydraulic systems, research instrumentation, thermocouples and be familiar with PLC’s, Inverter drives
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
The post holder must have a HND (Level 4+) in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent.
In addition, they should have experience in electrical fixed wiring installations, periodic testing and inspection and hold an 18th edition (BS7671) / City & Guilds 2391 qualification.
It would be desirable to hold a 3rd level qualification in an Electrical discipline or similar qualification with previous experience in a manufacturing/ production environment.
Previous IT Systems experience is essential to include knowledge of preventative maintenance software.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a flexible attitude, knowledge of health & safety, be able to meet the physical and health requirements of the role.
The role attracts a competitive salary, pension scheme and life cover and CPD training.