Winthrop Engineering Ltd is one of Ireland’s leading mechanical and electrical engineering companies and have extensive experience delivering complex projects in Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Public Works, Industrial and Commercial sectors.
Winthrop Engineering Ltd offer a full range of installation services, including Engineering, Project Management, Data Works, Design, Build and Construction.
Winthrop is ISO 9001:2015, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accredited, a registered Safe T Cert company and an approved Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer.
Role and Responsibilities
The following is a non-exhaustive overview of the key responsibilities and tasks associated with the role.
- Responsible for the effective development, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s EH&S policies, strategies & goals in compliance with legislative and company requirements, including ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 and Safe T Cert.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a system for hazard identification and risk assessment on existing and new processes and equipment.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a system for accident/safety incident investigation which would include detailed reporting and corrective action.
- Develop, implement, maintain and liaise with plant manager regarding a system to ensure all statutory inspections are carried out and records are maintained by relevant personnel.
- Develop, implement and maintain a system whereby monthly KPI statistics are complete and communicated in a timely manner.
- Case management of all incidents and accidents, liaising closely with the appropriate legal and insurance bodies and keeping senior management updated in a timely manner.
- Lead on-site EH&S improvement, awareness and engagement programmes.
- Facilitate and lead technical improvements in conjunction with project, maintenance and engineering departments.
- Identify and ensure delivery of the H&S training programme across the site, ensuring statutory requirements are adhered to, taking into account best practice and site safety culture development.
- Promote a culture of safety awareness in a collaborative way.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 3 years’ experience in a similar management role.
- Qualified to degree level in Occupational, Health & Safety Management
- Working knowledge and experience if implementing and managing hazard identification and risk management processes.
- Experience in accident investigation and case management of any claims made.
- Management of OHSAS certification and Environmental programmes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work across all levels of the organisation and in cross functional teams.
- Ability to influence, engage and build constructive working relationships encouraging a high level of acceptance, co-operation and mutual respect.
- Promote co-operation and commitment within the team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Ability to convince others to follow recommendations and advice ensuring compliance with regulations, standards or policies.
This is a permanent position. An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If interested, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.