The OPW provides a shared service in the area of property management and property maintenance incorporating architectural, engineering, valuation, quantity surveying, project management and facilities management services to central Government Departments and Agencies. OPW is the leading agency in the country in the areas of conservation and the presentation of cultural and heritage properties.
The OPW’s National Monuments Service is responsible for the conservation, management and presentation of almost 1,000 individual monuments at 768 locations across Ireland, including sites such as the Rock of Cashel and Skellig Michael. Over 10 million visitors are attracted to these high profile sites on an annual basis. The OPW’s portfolio of properties is therefore a key national asset and plays a vital role in meeting the demand of foreign and domestic visitors in this regard.
Role and Responsibilities
An Opportunity now exists for a suitably qualified and committed individual to take up the role of District Works Managers in the Office of Public Works.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
Candidates must have, on or before 19th of October 2023,
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience on building work at Clerk of Works or Foreman level
- Experience in leading construction teams
- Experience of preparing reports, keeping records, measuring and recording progress and
reading Architect’s drawings
- Experience of traditional building methods and materials including traditional building
- A competent knowledge of the building trades
- Satisfactory knowledge of surveying and levelling in setting out works
- Good knowledge of current Health & Safety Legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational ability and a proven record of methodical and accurate work
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with an ability to build effective relationships
across the organisation and within teams
- Possess a current full clean driving licence (Category B) and have access to a car
Full details of the role, including specific eligibility requirements is available on www.publicjobs.ie.
Closing date: 3:00pm Thursday 19th of October 2023.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.