The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) is the voice of the Irish Construction Industry. CIF is a member led representative organisation, providing a broad range of services that help our members in navigating the political, business, economic and regulatory environment.
The Main Contracting Services Department represents the Civil Engineering and Contractors Association (CECA), Master Builders and Contracting Association (MBCA) and general contracting members of the CIF. The department provides information and assistance on procurement and contractual matters including prequalification, tendering, contract issues and disputes.
The CIF is seeking to recruit a Contracts and Procurement Specialist to support the provision of these services in the Main Contracting team.
Role and Responsibilities
This role is based in the Dublin office. The successful individual will report to and provide specialist support to the Director of Main Contracting Services and work as part of a small team. The role will also involve providing professional support and guidance to the CIF’s regional teams and other related CIF service departments.
- Provide guidance, information and host events for members on all aspects of construction procurement procedures, contracts, and dispute resolution in both the public and private sector, including the administration of the CIF’s Dispute Resolution functions
- Implement amendments to CIF’s standard forms of subcontracts in accordance with CIF policy
- Represent Main Contracting members in internal CIF policy committees, conferences and on external industry committees/forums
- Establish and manage communications and relationships with public and private sector client bodies and relevant stakeholders
- Organise and support CIF and association meetings, business and social events, including the CECA and MBCA annual dinners and bi-annual CECA Awards
- Ensure effective communication with contracting members and promote the development of the MBCA and the CECA and their membership
- Support the delivery of the CIF’s strategy, other services and business processes, people and technology improvements
- Provide technical support and work cross functionally with other CIF team members
- Assist the Director across a range of policy areas and committees such as the CIF’s Procurement, Tendering and Contractual Matters Committee, MBCA Council and CECA Executive
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
Candidates must have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a procurement, contracting, project delivery, professional services consultancy or policy/research role; ideally in the construction sector
- Candidates must have a third level qualification in a construction/procurement related discipline
- A proficiency in dealing with current tendering and contractual issues in public and private sectors
- The ability to build relationships with CIF members and other industry stakeholders
- Proven experience in research and report writing
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills alongside excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and manage and prioritise their workload
- Excellent team player
- Flexibility to adapt to the strategic nature of the industry and its impact on CIF operations
Experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
– drafting high-value complex contracts.
– policy development and communication
– representation and committee membership/administration
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email to [email protected]
Please clearly state the role that you are applying for in your application and please quote the following reference in the email subject line Job Ref 202404 – Contracts and Procurement Specialist – Main Contracting.
In your application, please include the following:
1. A cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience and why you would like to be considered for the position.
2. A comprehensive CV demonstrating your career achievements and experience to date.
In preparing your application, please consider the essential criteria required for this position.
Applications will not be accepted after 12am Midnight on Sunday, 25th February 2024.